Guest essay by Tom Deweese
Yes, the Green New Deal was voted down in the Senate. But that is only the beginning of the fight—not the end.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal has hit this country like a ton of bricks—and it’s the best thing that has ever happened to our efforts to expose the tyranny of Agenda 21 policies.
Now, I have discovered an explosive new document hidden on a French Non-governmental organizations’ (NGO) website.
Yes, France has its own Green New Deal, and foreign NGO’s are often more open and honest in their intentions than American NGOs who hide their real goals in innocent-sounding rhetoric.
And remember, these Agenda 21/Green New Deal policies are GLOBAL. The whole world is targeted to enforce these policies.
Here are just a few of the details this French green group—called Novethic—has revealed of the insane regulations that will be the used to enforce our own Green New Deal. (I’m quoting them directly from the document):
- “New single-family home construction, except trailers, prohibited. New buildings must be exclusively condos with a maximum per capita living area of 320 square feet.”
- Remember, I warned that under Smart Growth programs now taking over every city in the nation that single-family homes are a target for elimination, to be replaced by high-rise stack and pack apartments in the name of reducing energy use. The Green New Deal calls for government control of every single home, office and factory to be torn down or retrofit them to comply with massive environmental energy regulations.
- “For short trips less than 3 miles, the standard should be ‘soft transport’ (bicycles)… Mandatory fixed working hours in order to simplify the implementation of public transport and carpooling.”
- In opposing Smart Growth plans in your local community, I said the main goal was to eliminate cars, to be replaced with bikes, walking, and light rail trains.
- The Green New Deal calls for the elimination of the internal combustion engine.
- “Quotas to limit the consumption of imported products. Especially coffee, chocolate, exotic fruits…ban on substitutable processed foods, sodas, all junk food, hamburgers, pizzas, pasta, chicken nuggets…Meat consumption to decrease by 10% per year from 2020 to 55 pounds per person per year in 2030…the consumption of dairy products will follow the same trend.”
Most recently I warned that the beef industry is a direct target for elimination. It will start with mandatory decreases in meat consumption until it disappears from our daily diet. The consumption of dairy will follow. Since the revelation of the Green New Deal, the national debate is now over cattle emissions of methane and the drive to eliminate them from the planet. Controlling what we eat is a major part of the Green New Deal.
The Sustainablists have boldly thrown off their cloaking devices and admitted that their goal isn’t just “voluntary environmental protection.”
Instead, they are now openly revealing that their real goal is socialism and global control, just as I’ve been warning about for these past twenty-seven years.
Now they are determined to take congressional action to finally make it the law of the land.
Keep in mind, each of the quotes in bold above is from a real document detailing the extent of these tyrannical policies intended to destroy our culture, control how you live, and what you eat.
Over these years elected officials have listened to the Sierra Club, the Nature Conservancy, the World Wildlife Fund, ICLEI, the American Planning Association, and many more, as they assured that their plans were just environmental protection – just good policy for future generations. Well, now the truth is right in front of you. There is no question of who and what is behind this. And no doubt as to what the final result will be.
The Green New Deal has laid bare the horrible reality of my warnings. New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has unwittingly given you and me the weapon we have needed to destroy Agenda 21.
Finally, Americans across the country are talking about it. Now many more can see the truth to my dire warnings. Now is our time to strike with everything we have to stop it.
The original of this article appeared in a circular email on April 1, 2019.
Tom DeWeese is president of the American Policy Center, a “nonprofit, 501 c (4), tax-exempt grassroots action and education foundation dedicated to the promotion of free enterprise and limited government regulations over commerce and individuals.” Tim is also editor of The DeWeese Report and author of the book Now Tell Me I Was Wrong.
© 2019 Used with permission
Nordskog Publishing (NPI) provides articles and essays by select guest authors which we believe have much to offer the Christian community—to motivate Biblical thinking and action. We believe in the market place of ideas within the context of God’s Word. However, we may disagree at points. Publishing an article does not mean absolute agreement. Therefore, please understand that opinions expressed are those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of NPI, nor of its editorial staff.