Essay by Jerry Nordskog
While the four clergy (guest columnists in the January 3rd Commentary Section) writing in the Ventura County Star may have the right motives for claiming that the Christian, Jewish and Muslim God are one and the same, they certainly are lame in their erroneous factual claims.
Here’s my take on their misleading statement:
- Muslims do not worship the same God. The Christian God as revealed in the Bible is distinctly not Allah, the false deity who condones, even promotes violence. Christianity worships the true Triune Lord: the Heavenly Father, Christ Jesus the Creator and King of the universe, and the Holy Spirit… One-God in Three-Persons.
- Islam does not mandate peace, as does Christianity and Judaism. The lack of peace is discernible from the hundreds of years of its torturous and murderous history—that Islam is a false-religion, with a harsh and evil political movement of misled radicals.
- Islam terrorists are not a perversion of Mohammed’s teaching, but precisely what this alleged-prophet taught in the Qu’ran and per his evil-acts recorded in the Hadith in numerous volumes.
- ISIS, its leaders and its actions are directly following the false teachings and wicked deeds of their founder, Mohammed, while alleged peaceful Muslims are cultural, having been influenced by Western Civilization. However, terrorism is the track-record of numerous centuries of fundamentalist Islam.
- If the religious leaders writing the editorial want peace and to prevent wars, what is needed is to consider the One and only One who promotes peace and never harmed anybody, nor taught to do so—the Prince of Peace, Jesus the Christ.
I respectfully suggest that all readers look to the history of Islam and its founder and compare his acts to those of Christ, the one Who rules from Heaven: The heart of Christianity is “love your neighbor.” Reading the Holy Bible is a good place to begin a study comparison.
From “A Statement by a Christian,” a letter to the editor of the Ventura County Star, January 5, 2015, by Gerald Christian Nordskog. Jerry is the publisher of Nordskog Publishing, Inc., Ventura, California, and a Christian long actively promoting a lively Biblical faith in private and public spheres.