Our author engagingly chronicles the astonishing character of the United States, resulting from a unique Providence in its people. From the beginning, God placed His Word in peoples’ hearts in such a way that for the first time in history, Christians thought they could form their own civil communities, with only Christ governing them as King.
Yet men are sinners, and sin forces evil consequences on even the best intentions. From the beginning then, America has suffered a dual or schizophrenic character—the best of the best, and some of the worst of the worst. For at least two hundred and fifty years of our history, the best managed to keep the upper hand. Then, with the prosperity, liberty with justice, and generosity that a general godliness had produced, the nation began wandering away from the One who prospered and blessed it, upon Whom that blessing depended and depends.
After over two hundred more years of a godly thrust of history battling against the wicked one, we have come to a crisis of faith, bringing the future of Christian civilization into question. Bobbie Ames outlines the remedy, while offering tremendous resources to flesh out the knowledge, spirit, and wisdom necessary to re-establish and maintain godly and free institutions.
Listen to the Loving Liberty Network—Liberty Round Table—interviews Dr. Marshall Foster highlighting the contribution of Bobbie Ames’s Land That I Love: Restoring Our Christian Heritage.
Guest Dr. Marshal Foster—President and Founder of World History Institute, a non-profit, education foundation. Dr. Marshall Foster is a leading Christian historian and true American patriot.
Land That I Love: Restoring Our Christian Heritage – author Bobbie Ames.
America was founded with faith in God, Biblical morals, and Christian education. A wake-up call to the spiritual, political, and cultural attack upon this great country!
- What Can We Do to Restore America’s Christian Heritage?
- Bobbie Ames dedicates her book to the Founders of FACE (The Foundation for American Christian Education) Verna Hall and Rosalie Slater.
- America Is at a Crossroad: The Agenda to Erase America – Attacks on Faith, Family and Freedom
- How Do You Conquer a Culture? Focus on a Nation’s Children – Christians, Pull Your Children from Public Schools!
- The Coming of Christ through the Holy Spirit working in the body of Christ: The Fulfillment of Covenant Promise!
Mrs. Bobbie Ames has been our close friend at the Alabama Gazette for over a dozen years. Her monthly rumination in our publication on the spiritual history and spiritual course of our nation, that forms the contents of this book, serves as a beacon of wisdom, hope, and love in an era when many have been uninformed or misinformed as to the greatness of this country, its Founding Fathers, and the ongoing spiritual struggles that confront our Christian society today. Bobbie’s erudite collection of prose will serve humanity, and more specifically, the Christian community, for generations to come. We at the Gazette are humbled and honored that Bobbie chose our publication to share some of her greatest treatises. Bobbie undoubtedly stands as one of the foremost Christian writers of this or any generation.
God Bless Bobbie and all who read Land That I Love. You will not be the same person when you finish it. May this book make a lasting change in our world, in our community, and in your heart.
Loretta Grant, Samuel Adams, Owners and Publishers, along with the Staff of the Alabama Gazette
I have known Bobbie since the early years of the resurgence of the Christian History Movement a half century ago. She is one of the foremost Christian educators in America. The title of the book gives the reader a glimpse of the treasured stories and truths that are in her volume. Mrs. Ames has a profound love for America that permeates her writing. She is a storyteller who knows how to take the reader into the events and lives of those who have created the American Miracle. This book is must reading for all those who want to restore our nation under God.
Marshall Foster, President & Founder, World History Institute
A serious scholar and patriot whose love of America’s Christian history is infectious, Bobbie Ames’ book is an act of love—love for the Lord and for His Story. Her essays have graced the lives of many as she faithfully delivered her heart through her writing over decades. This collection sets the memorial stones in place as a trust for future generations who, if we have done our work, will ask, “What do these stones mean?” She tells the stories with a heartfelt faith honed through her years of founding Christian schools, teaching children, and investing the gifts God gave her in his people. There is no more meaningful way of renovating the age than learning and teaching America’s Christian history.
Carole Adams, Founder & Board Member, StoneBridge School; President, Foundation for American Christian Education, Chesapeake, Virginia
Nordskog Publishing is very strong on putting out materials that document well our nation’s Judeo-Christian heritage. How great it is then to see this new book on celebrating America’s Christian heritage, why it matters, and how it has been so threatened in our time. Also here in Bobbie Ames’ new book is what we can do about it.
Jerry Newcombe, D.Min., Author and TV/Radio producer & host
A life-long teacher, Bobbie Ames has lived her life immersed in our country’s history, more than anybody I know. This book will enlighten its readers on our political life and more.
Tim James, Businessman, Son of the Honorable Fob James, Former Governor of Alabama
Now that there have been two conservative originalist justices appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court, and it is anticipated that there will be more nominated in another term of a Republican President and Republican Senate majority, we joy in the expectancy that the U.S. Constitution will be restored, and that this nation will return to its founding principles. The writings of Bobbie Ames teach us what those founding beliefs and principles are in preparation for the sacred task ahead of us, the devoted citizens of this Constitutional Republic.
The Honorable Tom Parker, Chief Justice, Alabama Supreme Court
This beautiful book of essays lovingly written by Bobbie Ames is a treasure for all who love this great land. You will want to glean from these pages, and then share with family and others, the amazing truth of history, often obscured, of why this land is so blessed and how it can remain so. The eternal foundational truths held by our Founding Fathers are key and are exhibited throughout decades of Bobbie’s writings and now in this collection of essays.
It is such an honor and joy to endorse this book, Land That I Love, given by my dear, long-time friend, Bobbie Ames, who faithfully writes of our true history for those who have a desire to know… His Story.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom He hath chosen for His own inheritance. (Psalm 33:12)
Dottie James Parker, Wife of Tom Parker, Chief Justice, Alabama Supreme Court, Editorial assistance to Bobbie for almost a decade on her monthly articles for “The Education Station,” published in the Alabama Gazette
Is there a second act for America? Does America get a second chance? If it could be so, Bobbie Ames’s book, Land That I Love, has the moral, historical, and Biblical prescription for such a renewal. Many years ago, before her late husband died, he urged her to give herself fully to children and Christian schooling. He said, “If you do this, you cannot go wrong.” Indeed, she has given herself to this wonderful Christian service for fifty years. Her book is a compilation of the wisdom and experience she passed to her Christian school children, a resource to be used for both Christian schools and home schooling to “restore our Christian heritage.”
E. Ray Moore, Th.M., Chaplain (Lt. Col.) USAR Ret., Director of Exodus Mandate
The Lord has blessed and enriched our lives through Mrs. Bobbie Ames. Our daughters (and through them, we) were taught the Biblical worldview using the Principle Based Approach at Mrs. Bobbie’s school, Emerald Mountain Christian School, from kindergarten through twelfth grade. They are both very talented, blessed, and successful. Mrs. Bobbie’s influence on our lives has made for a very rich Christian life in service to our Lord and Savior. We wholeheartedly endorse Mrs. Bobbie’s book and recommend it to all.
Rich & Susie Hobson, Rich serves as the Alabama Administrative Director of Courts & Susie is a published author through Nordskog Publishing
Bobbie Ames, one of America’s greatest Christian educators of the last fifty years, has written a critical book for every American, Land That I Love. Her book is more than just a collection of essays on civics; it is a comprehensive overview of how a Christian is to live out one’s duty to country. Her book is more than concepts, but the truth and a vision of Christian nationalism that comes from her heart and is lived out in her life.
Thomas Ertl, Zurich Publishing
With joy I commend Bobbie Ames’s book Land That I Love to the reader. I met Bobbie more than four decades ago as I was only beginning my adventure in the study of America’s rich Christian heritage. Her love of the Pilgrims and their legacy caught my attention, since my calling to Plymouth was in its infancy. As you read this book, you will travel with Bobbie forward and backward through time as you mine the depths of Biblical and constitutional truths that are the pillars of our religious and civil liberty. These chapters are ready-made stories to read to your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Bobbie writes that the Pilgrims “brought the Reformation with them as their core values and intent.” I agree, and over the years, when I might be discouraged as a Pastor, historian, and writer, I would get a call and hear the voice of a true patriot encouraging me. Bobbie writes, “Few today share the historic importance of our Pilgrim Fathers’ impact on early America.” This is unfortunately true, but I follow in the footsteps and path of pioneers like Bobbie Ames, and prayerfully, as we prepare here in Plymouth to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the arrival of those Pilgrims, we will all see a new generation appreciate what Bobbie longs to communicate, that America, because of her “Gilgal Stones” laid at her birth, will once again be the “land that I love”!
Dr. Paul Jehle, President, Plymouth Rock Foundation, plymrock.org; Pastor, The New Testament Church of Plymouth, MA
Table of Contents
Praise for Land That I Love
A Special Word from the Alabama Gazette
Foreword by Dr. Christina Fawcett Jeffrey
Prologue by Col. John Eidsmoe
- The Transformation of American Culture: 1900–2014
- A Culture for Life or a Culture for Death: It Hangs in the Balance in America
- What Is an American, This New Man in World History?
- America’s Historic Education: The Christian Idea of Man and Government
- For Religious Liberty Today, We Must Restore the Impact of Our Pilgrim Heritage
- A Portrait of Patriotism
- The Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776
- George Washington, the Father of Our Country, Part 1
- George Washington, the Father of Our Country, Part 2
- The Emergence of Liberty
- The Emergence of Liberty as Christianity Moves Westward
- They Preached Liberty
- The Origin of Old Glory, Our American Flag
- Patrick Henry…“Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death”
- The Story of a Parchment: The Declaration of Independence
- The Birth of America’s Education
- God & Country: Christian Self-Government with Union—The Birth of American Federalism
- The Battle for the Mind
- The Battle for the Minds of Children: American Education at the Crossroads
- How Do You Conquer a Culture? Focus on a Nation’s Children
- The Surrender to Secularism
- Christians, Pull Your Children from Public Schools
- Good Books, Good Friends, Great Stories…Never Forgotten
- The Cost of Forsaking the Humanities in Education
- Sustainable Freedom for the American Future, or a Free People’s Suicide?
- Every Culture Expresses a Religion: What Is the Religion of America Today?
- Roe v. Wade Continues to Impact … More than 54 Million Aborted Babies!
- Christianity, Education, and the Growing Power of the State
- Americans Pay for Their Own Destruction through Education & Government Bureaucracy
- Unbelievable but True: Our Most Fundamental and Cherished Freedoms Are in Danger
- The Lord Hath Done Great Things for Us; Whereof We Are Glad (Psalm 126:3)
- America’s Invasion by Socialism: The Road to Despotic Power!
- America Is at a Crossroad: The Agenda to Erase America
- Our Constitutional Republic Is at Stake
- The United States Constitution and Education, Then and Now
- Deconstruction of Truth to Postmodernism
- The Restructure of America through School Choice in Education
- Attacks on Faith, Family, and Freedom
- Exposing the Dangers of International Agreements
- America: A Christian Nation from Birth—Men in Black Robes, Then and Now
- The Origin of Liberty in Government Established by the U.S. Constitution
- The Danbury Baptists, Thomas Jefferson, and “The Wall of Separation”
- The Inheritance of the Common Law in Western Civilization
- The Crisis We Face Today, and Its Only Solution
- Independence Day, July 4
- What Can We Do to Restore America’s Christian Heritage?
- Education Today: Restoring a Christian Republic
- The World Jesus Christ Entered and the Impact He Made
- God’s Astounding Grace in a Manger
- The Coming of Christ: The Fulfillment of Covenant Promise
Postscript: The Road Ahead for America